The Yukon jacket is about being prepared for any weather, from here to Siberia.
GORE-TEX® fabrics are created by laminating a PTFE membrane to high-performance textiles, then sealing them with an innovative solution for durable waterproof protection. Inch for inch no insulation keeps you warmer than Thinsulate®, delivering up to twice the warmth of other high-loft materials and nearly 50% more warmth than down. Thinsulate® keeps you dry in a downpour, warm in a snow storm, and looking sharp around town. Raccoon fur around the hood shields your face from wind, seams are taped to keep water out, and the extra length will cover a blazer when you're headed for an important meeting.
- Regular Fit
- Adjustable hood with raccoon fur
- Four exterior and two interior pockets
- All zippers are covered by storm flaps
- Adjustable waist
- Elastic inner cuffs
- Taped seams
- Material: 2-layer GORE-TEX®, 75d woven polyester, 115g/m2
- Insulation: Thinsulate® 150 g/m2
- Lining: 100% polyester, 76 g/m2
I purchased a quarter snap pullover from the Red Fox store in Boulder a while back. It is very, very warm, almost too warm to wear by itself around the house. So when I started to search for a jacket I could wear to Green Bay football games and go on long winter walks with my dog in northeastern Wisconsin, I turned again to Red Fox.
When first opening the package, don’t worry about how light the jacket is. The fabric technology is light and keeps you very warm.
The lighter weight makes this jacket very versatile.
Here are my impressions from first extended use outdoors when I tried the jacket out on a cold snowy day walking my dog wearing boots, jeans and a long sleeve jersey.
1. The jacket kept me dry and warm. When fully buttoned up, I could feel the warm air pushing up to my head. It has drawstrings at the neck, mid level and bottom to help adjust the snugness and warmth retention. I do wish the tabs on the drawstring were bigger so easier to grasp with my gloves on.
2. I liked the extra length going down to my thighs. I am 5 ‘ 10 “ tall, 210 pounds. I bought the XL 56 size which fits well.
3. The inner cuff in the sleeves creates a tight seal with gloves.
4. You can adjust how far the hood extends out to create more protection from blowing snow or pull back to increase overall visibility. The raccoon hood trim is nice looking, but collects a lot of wet snow.
5. The jacket has two inner pockets to keep electronic devices warm in extreme cold. It also has two generously large outer pockets that easily fit gloves and the wool beanie that I did not need. I wish the zipper closure was at more of an angle to make it easier to slip my hands into the pocket.
6. All exterior zippers are well protected to prevent any moisture or colder air sneaking in.
I am very happy with my purchase. I enjoy having a lighter weight jacket that can keep me warm in any of the winter conditions I might experience here in Wisconsin.
LOVE LOVE the jacket!! Ready for Park City at Christmas..
I have owned almost every high end jacket in the market from The North Face to Canada Goose. Redfox truly offers the best product as the best prices. What you see is what you get and the description is spot on. The extra big allows you ware it over a helmate for the unlimited protection. I ware a t-shirt under my jacket in 0 degree weather, it’s all that is needed. Zip it on the windiest days the fur keeps it out of your face!
Best coat money can buy if you need a heavy coat.
This thing is an absolute beast. For the cold days this is more than perfect. It is a great price compared to other companies and very well made. My whole family now has one once they saw mine!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.