Calculating climbers can bivy in relative comfort with a pack this size. We recommend our Alpine 40 pack for mountaineering, but the Trail 40 can fulfill a lot of other roles almost anywhere else your daily trail takes you.
Like all of our Trail packs it comes standard with a hydration ports on either side and a loop to hang a bladder inside the main compartment. Dual sliders give zippered access to all three panels, main, middle and front. Mesh sleeves inside the main and middle help with organizing whachugot.
When you're ready to get wild you can lash all sorts of stuff to the ladder chains on the side. Of course there are compression straps to either trim the width when you're riding light, or bulk up and lash even more gear to the sides.
A set of molded pads on the back helps the pack rest on your back comfortably and actively vents excess heat. The tear-shaped Trail Series of packs carry with a low center of gravity and they're light, so they making carrying the days extra food and gear easy without adding to the load.
- ActiVent molded suspension
- Padded shoulder straps with sternum strap
- Padded waist belt with zippered pocket
- Two zipped, mesh side pockets
- Dual clamshell compartments
- Dual-slider zips
- Internal mesh pockets
- Hydration Ready: Bladder divider, Hang loop, L & R tube ports
- Multiple lash points: 2x ladder chains, 2x ice axe loops, Compression straps, Elastic rope ties
- Material: 210 Denier HD Nylon
- Volume: 40 liters
- Weight: 1010g / 36oz