The Arctic -40 is perfect for single-digit (F) cold, especially when you know conditions will not only be frigid, but damp too. Brrrrrr!
All the details of our Arctic Series sleeping bags are aimed at optimizing body temperature through cold nights. It's built with high tech Omnitherm® HL insulation using shingled construction to increase loft when you pull the top up. Draft tubes behind the full-length zipper and around shoulders keep cold from sneaking in, except if you open it up to vent excess heat out. It is incredibly durable and lightweight, and its right and left zippers allow you to zip two sleeping bags together. The foot is lined with fleece for toasty toes.
- Temperature range: 14°F down to -38°F (-10°C down to -39°C)
- Shingled construction using synthetic Omnitherm®HL
- Anatomical hood with draw-cord seal
- Draft tube insulates behind zipper
- Draft collar prevents heat loss
- Phosphorescent zipper pulls
- Protective tape prevents zipper snagging
- Secret inner pocket
- Tapered mummy shape
- Fleece pocket for extra foot warmth
- Suspension loops for drying or long term storage
- Temperature range: 14°F down to -40°F (-10°C down to -40°C)
- Size: Regular: 203cm x 81cm (6½ x 2¾ ft.)
XL long: 213cm x 83cm (7 x 2¾ ft.)
- Weight: Regular 2845 g / 6.27 lb. / 100 oz.
Long 2990 g / 6.6 lb. / 106 oz.
- Material: 44D 260T Nylon Diamond Rip Stop, 44D 232T Nylon Tafetta, 68D 210T Poly Tafetta
- Lining: 50D 300T Poly Tafetta, 150D / 150D 144F poly fleece
- Insulation: Omnitherm®HL
- Form: Mummy style